As we prepare for our next phase of growth, we are adding key talent to our team in Chelsea, MA. The right person will be our expert in the world of procurement acting as the in-house specialist for all things purchasing. This will include things like inventory management and purchase planning, value analysis, standards preservation, and negotiation.
The Procurement Specialist:
- Develop, lead, and implement ongoing process improvement strategies to streamline sourcing and procurement to ensure that sourcing initiatives are aligned with organizational business plans and performance objectives
- Select, develop, and maintain supplier relationships
- Negotiate prices, create purchase orders, and work closely with our Logistics Specialist to ensure quality and timely delivery of materials
- Maintain oversight of inventory levels and activity to identify critical and recurring issues and drive the issues towards resolution
- Effectively negotiate long term procurement agreements
- Select and oversee the implementation of an inventory control system
- Assist in the development and implementation of short/long term strategic sourcing plans
- Continuously work to minimize items on backorder
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience in purchasing/procurement preferably in a manufacturing and/or start-up like environment
- You have knowledge of vendor pricing schemes, variations in the financial terms of agreements, service models, agreement standards, and other business practices
- You understand the importance of strong, professional relationships and often go above and beyond to nurture and maintain those relationships
- You work calmly and effectively in situations under pressure and to manage time effectively in a changing environment.
- You have a thorough knowledge of Intuit and the Microsoft Office suite of software
- You can lift and/or move up to 30 lbs, because once in a while it might be necessary (see “all hands on deck” bullet)
- You are flexible and able to operate in an “all hands on deck” environment
- You take initiative and can work autonomously, even in ambiguous situations
*Above all else, we’re looking for smart, dedicated individuals that are a good fit. If you don’t meet all of the requirements, but have incredible work ethic, are comfortable working with all types of people (from factory workers to client contacts and freight vendors), and like to take initiative, please send us your resume and cover letter because we’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time